Like the idea of smothering mangoes and strawberries in cream and sandwiching them between Madeira cake? So do we! With this delicious no-bake dessert recipe, you dont even need to turn the oven on.
The ingredient of No-bake mango and strawberry torta
- 400ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
- 250g tub cru00e8me frau00eeche
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- 2 x 450g packets Madeira cake
- 2 mangoes
- 250g large strawberries
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Cointreau or triple sec liqueur
- Edible flowers, to decorate
- Sliced pistachio nuts, to serve
The instruction how to make No-bake mango and strawberry torta
- Grease a square 20cm (base measurement) cake pan and line with baking paper, allowing paper to overhang. Place cream and sugar in a bowl. Use a balloon whisk to whisk until soft peaks form. Add creme fraiche and orange blossom water. Whisk until thickened slightly.
- Trim the dark crusts from the cakes. Peel and thinly slice 1 mango. Hull and slice half the strawberries. Cut the cakes horizontally into 1cm-thick slices. Line the base of the prepared pan with half the cake slices, trimming to fit. Brush with half the liqueur. Spread one-third of the cream mixture over the cake. Top with the sliced mango and strawberries. Spread with half the remaining cream mixture. Cover with the remaining cake slices, trimming to fit. Brush with the remaining liqueur. Spread with remaining cream mixture. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight to set and to develop the flavours.
- Peel and thinly slice the remaining mango. Hull and slice the remaining strawberries. Carefully remove the cake from the pan using the overhanging paper and place on a plate. Top with mango and strawberries. Decorate with edible flowers and pistachios.
Nutritions of No-bake mango and strawberry tortacalories: