Ground cumin adds earthy, warming flavour to the pumpkin in this Mexican-inspired bake.
The ingredient of Cheesy pumpkin and black bean soft taco bake
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 300g reduced-fat fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 100g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 425g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 8 tortillas
- 375g jar medium chunky salsa
- 40g (1/2 cup) reduced-fat cheddar, coarsely grated
- Baby herbs, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Cheesy pumpkin and black bean soft taco bake
- Preheat oven to 210C/190C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with cumin and season. Roast for 20 minutes or until just tender. Cool for 5 minutes. Coarsely mash.
- Add ricotta, feta, coriander and beans to pumpkin. Stir to combine. Season. Place zucchini in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold running water.
- Place 1 tortilla on a work surface. Spread a little pumpkin mixture over half of tortilla. Top with zucchini. Fold in half. Repeat to make 8 tortillas.
- Grease a rectangular baking dish with oil. Spread one-third of the salsa over dish. Top with tortillas. Drizzle with remaining salsa. Top with cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with herbs, if using.
Nutritions of Cheesy pumpkin and black bean soft taco bakecalories: 532.253 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 52 grams carbohydrates
calories: 32 grams protein