Bring something different to the table with this mediterranean bread bake thats loaded with flavour. Perfect for entertaining, this dish is colorful and economical.
The ingredient of Mediterranean bread bake
- 175g shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, trimmed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 10 thick slices white bread, crusts removed, quartered
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- salad, to serve
The instruction how to make Mediterranean bread bake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Heat a non-stick frying pan over mediumhigh heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until bacon is golden. Remove from heat. Stir in basil.
- Place half the bacon mixture and half the feta in an 8 cup-capacity ovenproof dish. Stand bread quarters, in rows, in dish. Place tomato and remaining bacon mixture between and around bread. Sprinkle with remaining feta.
- Whisk eggs, milk and salt and pepper together in a jug. Pour over bread. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and just set. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve with salad.
Nutritions of Mediterranean bread bakecalories: 610.645 calories
calories: 32.5 grams fat
calories: 14.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 41.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 36.5 grams protein
calories: 435 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1539 milligrams sodium