The ingredient of Smoked cod & potato bake with pea puree
- 250g chats (small coliban) potatoes, scrubbed, thinly sliced crossways
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 400g pkt frozen smoked cod fish steaks
- 145ml milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 230g (1 1/2 cup) frozen baby peas, thawed
The instruction how to make Smoked cod & potato bake with pea puree
- Preheat oven to 230u00b0C. Place a layer of potatoes in a rectangular 17 x 23cm (base measurement) ovenproof baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Top with smoked cod steaks. Combine 125ml (1/2 cup) of the milk and 60ml (1/4 cup) of the cream in a jug and pour over the fish. Dot with butter. Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potato is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, place peas in a medium saucepan with remaining milk and cream. Bring to the boil over high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until peas are bright green and tender. Place pea mixture in the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, use an egg lift to divide the smoked cod bake among plates. Spoon over the pea puree. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritions of Smoked cod & potato bake with pea pureecalories: 328.147 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 16 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 27 grams protein
calories: 102 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 590.87 milligrams sodium