Serve this easy paella in the casserole dish with a fresh green salad and crusty bread for a casual feast.
The ingredient of Baked paella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded, chopped
- 1 chorizo, halved, sliced (see Notes)
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup black olives
- Parsley leaves, to serve
- Green salad, to serve
The instruction how to make Baked paella
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on high. Saute onion, capsicum and chorizo for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 mins. Mix in tomatoes, garlic and spices. Cook for 1 min.
- Stir in rice and stock. Bring to the boil. Transfer to a 2-litre casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, top with lemon wedges and olives. Return to oven, covered, and bake for a further 5-10 mins, until rice is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with a green salad.
Nutritions of Baked paellacalories: