This delicious bake is a like a vegetarian lasagne, without the pasta. Its rich, creamy and low in calories.
The ingredient of Pumpkin, silverbeet and mushroom bake
- 800g peeled butternut pumpkin, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g mushrooms, wiped clean, sliced
- 1 bunch silverbeet, leaves trimmed, chopped
- 400g reduced-fat fresh ricotta
- 1 egg
- 80ml (1/3 cup) reduced-fat milk
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salad greens, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Pumpkin, silverbeet and mushroom bake
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan forced. Lightly grease a 2L ovenproof dish with olive oil. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray. Spray lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with chilli. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 3-4u00a0minutes or until golden. Add silverbeet. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Season. Set aside to cool. Drain excess liquid.
- Combine the ricotta, egg, milk and half the parmesan in a bowl. Season. Layer one-third of the pumpkin slices in prepared dish. Top with half the mushroom mixture. Spread with one-third of the ricotta mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining pumpkin. Spread with remaining ricotta mixture. Press tomato, cut-side up, into the ricotta. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 5 minutes. Serve with greens, if using.
Nutritions of Pumpkin, silverbeet and mushroom bakecalories: 302.813 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 24 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23 grams protein