A baked ham with brown sugar and bourbon glaze is the perfect addition to a Sunday lunch with family and friends.
The ingredient of Baked ham with brown sugar and bourbon glaze recipe
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dark rum or bourbon
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2.5kg Coles Leg Portion Ham
The instruction how to make Baked ham with brown sugar and bourbon glaze recipe
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Combine the sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, rum or bourbon, mustard, rosemary, allspice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 mins or until the mixture thickens slightly. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place ham on a clean work surface. Use a small sharp knife to cut through the rind 8cm from the shank. Run a thumb under the rind to separate from the fat. Peel back, sliding your fingers under the rind to remove.
- Use a small sharp knife to score the fat, horizontally, at 5mm intervals (donu2019t score the fat too deeply as it can slide off during cooking).
- Place the ham on a wire rack in a roasting pan. Brush the ham with one-quarter of the pineapple juice mixture. Wrap the shank in foil. Bake, basting with remaining pineapple juice mixture every 15 mins, for 1 hour or until ham caramelises and is golden brown. Set aside for 15 mins to cool slightly.
- Transfer the ham to a large serving platter. Cut into slices to serve.
Nutritions of Baked ham with brown sugar and bourbon glaze recipecalories: 150.809 calories
calories: 3 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 11 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams sugar
calories: 17 grams protein
calories: 1275 milligrams sodium