Use up those leftover Easter hot cross buns with this easy-as, decadent mug dessert.
The ingredient of Hot cross chocolate mug cake recipe
- 1 small stale hot cross bun
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tsp dark chocolate chips
- Icing sugar, to serve
The instruction how to make Hot cross chocolate mug cake recipe
- Cut a slice about 1cm thick from the top of 1 small stale hot cross bun. Cut remainder of bun into 1.5cm cubes.
- Whisk together 1/3 cup milk, 1 egg and 1 tbs caster sugar in a jug. Place a third of the cubes into a 1 cup heatproof mug and sprinkle with 1 tsp dark choc chips. Pour over a third of the milk mixture. Continue layering with remaining bun cubes, 2 tsp dark choc chips and remaining milk mixture.
- Place bun lid on top and press down slightly so it absorbs some of the milk mixture.
- Stand mug on a heatproof plate (it may overflow a little depending on the size of your bun). Microwave on High for 2u00bd minutes. Dust with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Hot cross chocolate mug cake recipecalories: