Its time for a taste of indulgence with these glazed oven-baked doughnut bites.
The ingredient of Glazed oven-baked raspberry doughnut bites
- 340g (2 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 185ml (3/4 cup) skim milk, warmed
- 80g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 7g (1 sachet) dried yeast
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 40g butter, melted
- 1 jar Fruit and Chia Spread (Raspberry & Chia seeds)
- 300g (2 cups) icing sugar
- 70g (1/4 cup) Greek yoghurt,
- Flaked almonds, toasted (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Glazed oven-baked raspberry doughnut bites
- Combine yeast, 60ml (1/4 cup) of the milk and 2 tsp of the caster sugar in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Whisk together flour, remaining sugar and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Mix in the yeast mixture, egg, butter, remaining milk and remaining caster sugar until mixture comes together.
- Transfer mixture to a clean work surface. Knead for 8 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a lightly greased bowl. Cover. Set aside in a warm spot for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes or until smooth. Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls. Place on greased oven trays. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until risen.
- Preheat oven to 230/210 degrees fan forced. Bake doughnuts for 10 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the icing sugar, yoghurt and 2 tbs of the jam in a bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Use a chopstick to make a small hole in the side of each doughnut. Place remaining jam in a snap lock bag. Snip the end. Pipe jam into the doughnuts. Drizzle with the icing sugar mixture.
- Option, if desired, omit the raspberry glaze and brush warm doughnuts with a bit of melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Nutritions of Glazed oven-baked raspberry doughnut bitescalories: