These individual vegie bakes can be served as a main or as a delicious side dish.
The ingredient of Vegie bakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 x 420g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 x 400g can diced Italian tomatoes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 x 325g pkts Fresh Steamed Vegetables
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 175g (2 1/2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 120g (1 1/2 cups) coarsely grated cheddar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
The instruction how to make Vegie bakes
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until the onion softens. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the chickpeas, tomato and stock, and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the vegetable packets in the microwave and cook on High/800watts/100% for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Place the zucchini in a shallow microwave-safe dish. Add water. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on High/800watts/100% for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and cheese in a medium bowl.
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Add the vegetables and parsley to the tomato mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the vegetable mixture among four 500ml (2-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the vegetable mixture. Cook under grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately
Nutritions of Vegie bakescalories: 440.477 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 45 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 20 grams protein
calories: 22 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 782.47 milligrams sodium