Maximise the value of the herbs in your fridge and the tuna in your pantry with this whip-together pasta.
The ingredient of Warm nicoise pasta salad
- 500g dried farfalle pasta
- 200g green round beans, halved diagonally
- 240g cherry truss tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 185g can tuna in oil, drained reserving oil
- 3 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 long fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon drained baby capers
- 80g (1/2 cup) pitted kalamata olives
- 2 spring onions (shallots), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make Warm nicoise pasta salad
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente, adding beans in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid. Transfer pasta and reserved liquid to a large bowl (see notes).
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes on a lined tray and drizzle over 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil. Season. Roast for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Heat reserved tuna oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add anchovy, chilli, garlic and capers. Stir for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add olives. Stir for 1 minute. Transfer to the bowl. Stir in the tuna and spring onion.
- Combine the parsley, mint, dill, lemon juice and remaining extra virgin olive oil in a bowl. Season. Stir half the dressing into pasta mixture. Serve with tomatoes and remaining dressing.
Nutritions of Warm nicoise pasta saladcalories: 693.1 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 97 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25 grams protein