Anyone can prepare this simple yet gourmet dinner of baby snapper with fennel and fresh salad.
The ingredient of Baked snapper with fennel and preserved lemon salad
- 4 x 350g baby snapper or bream
- 1 orange
- 2 preserved lemon quarters (see note), white pith and flesh discarded, halved, plus 1 finely chopped quarter
- 2 fennel bulbs, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush fish
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced flat-leaf parsley
The instruction how to make Baked snapper with fennel and preserved lemon salad
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Cut 3 slashes in the thickest part of fish on each side and season cavities with salt and pepper. Finely grate zest of half the orange and place in a salad bowl with the finely chopped preserved lemon. Cut orange into 2 pieces, then thinly slice the unzested half and lay slices in cavity of each fish.
- Very thinly slice 3 fennel halves and add to salad bowl. Cut remaining fennel into 4 thick slices, then place 1 in each cavity.
- Rub 1 preserved lemon piece over the surface of 1 fish, then add to fish cavity. Repeat with remaining lemon pieces and fish. Brush fish all over with extra oil and season. Wrap each separately in baking paper, folding edges to enclose. Bake on 2 trays for 15 minutes or until cooked (the flesh will flake away easily).
- Meanwhile, add olive oil, juice, capers and parsley to the salad bowl, season with salt and pepper, then toss all ingredients together. Serve fish topped with salad.
Nutritions of Baked snapper with fennel and preserved lemon saladcalories: 342.726 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 47 grams protein
calories: 553.27 milligrams sodium