Serve this rustic, homestyle dessert as part of a picnic by the river.
The ingredient of Peaches & raspberries baked in paper with almond cream
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (80g) almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest of 1/4 orange
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 3 just-ripe large peaches
- 6 fresh bay leaves (see note) (optional)
- 300g raspberries
- 1/3 cup (30g) flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 250g blanched whole almonds
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 1/2 titanium-strength gelatine leaves (see note)
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water (see note)
- Icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Peaches & raspberries baked in paper with almond cream
- For cream, whiz almonds and sugar in a food processor until finely ground. With motor running, add 2 cups (500ml) boiling water and process for 5 minutes for flavour to infuse. Meanwhile, soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes to soften. Squeeze to remove excess liquid, then whisk leaves in a bowl with 2 cups (500ml) boiling water to dissolve. Strain almond milk through a fi ne sieve into the bowl. Discard solids. Stir in orange blossom water. Divide among six 150ml glasses and chill for at least 3 hours to set.
- Preheat the oven to 190u00b0C.
- Place butter, sugar, meal, egg, vanilla, orange zest and flour in a bowl and stir to form a paste. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm. Divide into 6 portions.
- Meanwhile, halve and stone peaches. Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out and discard a little flesh to form a 3cm cavity. Cut six 28cm rounds of baking paper and place a halved peach in the centre of each. Scrunch paper up around peaches slightly. Fill peach cavities with the almond meal mixture, mounding the mix over it, top with a bay leaf, then place a handful of berries beside each peach and scatter with flaked almonds. Gather paper together and tie with string.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until paste is firm and peaches are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature, dusted with icing sugar, with almond cream.
Nutritions of Peaches & raspberries baked in paper with almond creamcalories: