Quick and tasty, this low-fat frittata makes an easy weeknight dinner for the troops.
The ingredient of Oven-baked vegetable and bacon frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 125g 97% fat-free bacon, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup grated Devondale Tasty Cheese Block (500g)
The instruction how to make Oven-baked vegetable and bacon frittata
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line base and sides of a 4cm deep, 16cm x 26cm (base) slab pan.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, capsicum and bacon. Cook, stirring often, for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add green onion. Cook for 1 minute. Spread over base of pan.
- Using a fork, whisk eggs, milk and salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir in cheese. Pour over vegetables, shaking pan to allow egg mixture to run to base of pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Stand in pan for 20 minutes. Cut into pieces. Serve warm or at room temperature with salad, if desired.
Nutritions of Oven-baked vegetable and bacon frittatacalories: 190.722 calories
calories: 11.3 grams fat
calories: 3.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 3.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 18.7 grams protein
calories: 260 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 531 milligrams sodium