For a party effect, sprinkle hundreds and thousands on to freshly made popcorn.
The ingredient of Caramel popcorn
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cups popping corn
- 75g butter
- 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 1 /2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons hundreds and thousands
The instruction how to make Caramel popcorn
- Heat oil in a large saucepan with a lid. Add popping corn, and cover with the lid. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until popping sounds subside. Transfer popcorn to a large heatproof bowl, discarding any unpopped kernels. Oil a large oven tray.
- Combine butter, sugar, golden syrup and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat without boiling, until sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Pour caramel over the popcorn and carefully stir with a spatula, turning to coat evenly. Turn out onto oiled tray and spread out. Sprinkle with hundreds and thousands. Leave to cool and set, about 15 mins. When cold, break into chunks. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Nutritions of Caramel popcorncalories: