The crème de la crème of desserts. And, of course, your whole family will love it. Try it tonight!
The ingredient of Orange creme caramel
- 1 cup Coles caster sugar
- 1 cup Coles milk
- 300ml Coles cream
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup Coles caster sugar, extra
- 3 Coles free range eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 orange, segmented
- 125g strawberries, quartered
The instruction how to make Orange creme caramel
- Preheat oven to 160C or 140C fan. Line a baking dish with a folded tea towel. Place sugar in a medium saucepan with 1/4 cup water. Stir over low heat, without boiling, until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat slightly and bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, for about 7 mins, or until mixture is a deep golden-caramel colour. Use a wet pastry brush to brush away any crystals from the side of the pan.
- Stand a 20cm round cake tin in the lined baking dish, and pour the caramel over the base of the cake tin (take care as the tin will get hot). Set aside to cool completely.
- Combine milk, cream and orange zest in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then immediately turn off the heat. Stand for 5 mins.
- Whisk extra sugar, eggs and yolks until combined. Pour milk mixture onto egg mixture, stirring constantly. Strain the custard into cake tin over the caramel. Pour hot water around the tin to come halfway up the sides. Bake for 40 mins, or until set. Cool completely, then refrigerate overnight. Turn out onto a serving plate and cut into wedges. Serve with segmented orange and strawberries.
Nutritions of Orange creme caramelcalories: