These caramel pies are enclosed in delicate tart shells and topped with rich, dark chocolate.
The ingredient of Little choc-caramel pies
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 40g butter
- 75g dark cooking chocolate, melted
- 12 frozen sweet pastry tart shells
- 12 pecans
The instruction how to make Little choc-caramel pies
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced. Place tart shells (in their tins) onto a baking tray, and cook for 10 mins, or until lightly golden. Cool completely.
- Combine condensed milk, golden syrup and butter in a small saucepan. Stir over very low heat for about 10 mins, until lightly golden in colour and thickened.
- Spoon caramel into tart shells and leave to set. Take care not to touch the caramel at any time, as it will be very hot.
- Place chocolate into a small bowl. Place a pecan into the chocolate and use a small fork to turn and coat. Using the fork, lift pecan out of the chocolate and tap gently on the side of the bowl to drain off excess chocolate. Place on top of a tart. Repeat with remaining pecans, and leave to set.
Nutritions of Little choc-caramel piescalories: