Bok choy tastes terrific in aromatic curry sauce with a sprinkling of peanuts.
The ingredient of Baby bok choy with red curry sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 140ml can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
The instruction how to make Baby bok choy with red curry sauce
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add curry paste. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Slowly pour in coconut milk, stirring constantly. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes. Add sugar, fish sauce and 2 teaspoons lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Wash and drain bok choy. Cut bok choy into quarters lengthways (if small, cut in half). Line base of a steamer basket with baking paper. Place bok choy in basket. Steam, covered, over boiling water (do not allow steamer base to touch water) for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickest part of stems are tender (see shortcut). Transfer to a plate.
- Pour curry sauce over bok choy and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve.
Nutritions of Baby bok choy with red curry saucecalories: 135.991 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 307.67 milligrams sodium