Keep everyone guessing by serving these fabulous savoury cakes, that look like sushi, at your next kids party.
The ingredient of Pseudo sushi cakes
- 340g packet golden butter cake mix
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 141.7g packet Wonka Rainbow Nerds
- 45g packet Wonka Neon Nerds
- 6 rainbow-coloured sour straps
- 4 orange jubes, thickly sliced
- 3 green jubes, halved, thinly sliced
- Green gel food colouring
- 1/4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, to serve
- 2 strawberry sour straps
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Pseudo sushi cakes
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line 12 holes of a 1/3-cup-capacity muffin pan with green and white paper cases. Grease 6 holes of a u00be-cup-capacity mini loaf pan. Line bases and 2 long sides of each hole with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- Prepare cake mix following packet directions. Divide batter evenly among prepared holes of pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre of cakes comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, make Buttercream icing: Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl for 8 to 10 minutes or until pale. Gradually add sugar, beating to combine. Beat in vanilla.
- Place coconut on a small plate. Divide the nerds into separate colours (see Notes).
- Using a serrated knife, trim the top of each loaf cake to create a slight dome shape. Spread the top and sides of each cake with icing. Coat the sides of each cake with coconut. Using 1 colour for each cake, arrange the nerds over the top of each cake. Using scissors, cut the green stripe from each rainbow sour strap. Wrap 1 green stripe around each cake, gently pressing into icing to secure. Place cakes on a platter.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons remaining icing. Spread top of each cupcake with remaining icing. Sprinkle with coconut. Arrange the orange and green jubes on the centre of each cake, pressing gently to secure. Transfer to platter.
- Using green food colouring, tint reserved icing green. Place in a small snap-lock bag. Snip off 1 corner. Pipe into a bowl to resemble wasabi. Place choc-hazelnut spread in a small bowl to resemble soy sauce. Cut strawberry straps into thin strips to resemble pickled ginger. Place in a bowl. Arrange cakes to resemble sushi. Serve.
Nutritions of Pseudo sushi cakescalories: