There is no such thing as too much chocolate in this decadent slice.
The ingredient of Double chocolate caramel shortbread bars
- 150g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 3/4 cup unsalted mixed nuts, roughly chopped (see note)
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 50g white chocolate, melted
The instruction how to make Double chocolate caramel shortbread bars
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above edge of pan on long sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 120g butter, sugar and yolk until pale and creamy. Stir in flours until combined. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place condensed milk, syrup and remaining butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 15 minutes or until mixture is golden brown. Pour caramel over biscuit base. Smooth top. Sprinkle with nuts and carefully press into caramel. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Place milk chocolate and oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over caramel layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, if time permits. Remove slice from pan. Spoon white chocolate into a snap-lock bag. Snip off 1 corner. Pipe white chocolate over milk chocolate. Set aside for 20 minutes or until set. Trim edges of slice. Cut into 20 bars.
Nutritions of Double chocolate caramel shortbread barscalories: 287.517 calories
calories: 15.5 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 33.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 37 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 107 milligrams sodium