The ingredient of Nut & chocolate cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 200g pkt dried diced prunes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) brandy
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 3/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 100g pkt almond meal (Ducks brand)
- 175g butter, softened
- 220g (1 cup) sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 100g pkt macadamias, roughly chopped (Ducks brand*)
- 1 75g pkt toasted slivered almonds (Ducks brand*)
- 1 200g pkt dark cooking chocolate (Plaistowe brand), broken into squares then cut in half
- 2 tbsp brandy (optional), extra Cocoa powder, to dust
The instruction how to make Nut & chocolate cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Brush a round 20cm cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the prunes and brandy in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 45 minutes to macerate.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the flour. Sift remaining flour together with allspice in a medium bowl. Add the almond meal and stir to combine.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until combined. Use a large metal spoon to fold in half the flour mixture until just combined. Repeat with the rest of the flour.
- Drain the brandy from the prunes and discard. Add the macadamias, almonds, chocolate pieces and reserved flour. Use a metal spoon to gently fold the prunes into the butter mixture.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the lined pan and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Bake, in preheated oven, for 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. If desired, brush with the extra brandy over the top. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
Nutritions of Nut & chocolate cakecalories: 814.034 calories
calories: 50 grams fat
calories: 20 grams saturated fat
calories: 65 grams carbohydrates
calories: 50 grams sugar
calories: 14 grams protein
calories: 372.46 milligrams sodium