Enjoy the salty-sweet combo in Halo Top Sea Salt Caramel. It’s ideal when entertaining this season.
The ingredient of Frozen chocolate and salted caramel slice recipe
- 1/3 cup (80g) coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (75g) cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 12 ice cream wafers
- 3 x 473ml tubs Halo Top Sea Salt Caramel, softened
- 2 tbs maple syrup, extra
- 1 tbs boiling water
- 2 tbs hazelnuts, toasted, chopped
The instruction how to make Frozen chocolate and salted caramel slice recipe
- Line an 8cm x 19cm (base measurement) loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing sides to overhang. Place the coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat for 2 mins or until coconut oil melts and is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in the cacao powder and maple syrup. Set aside for 15 mins to cool.
- Arrange 4 wafers over the base of the prepared pan, trimming to fit. Spread the wafers with one-third of the cacao mixture. Freeze for 5 mins or until firm.
- Spread half the frozen dessert over cacao mixture in pan. Top with 4 more wafers, trimming to fit. Spread with half the remaining cacao mixture. Freeze for 15 mins or until firm.
- Spread the remaining frozen dessert over the cacao layer and top with the remaining wafers, trimming to fit. Place the remaining cacao mixture in the fridge. Cover the slice and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- Place the remaining cacao mixture over low heat for 1 min or until softened. Remove from heat. Stir in extra maple syrup and boiling water until smooth. Transfer slice to a serving platter. Remove plastic wrap. Spread top of the slice with maple syrup mixture and sprinkle with the hazelnut. Cut into slices. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Frozen chocolate and salted caramel slice recipecalories: