Sink your teeth into this sumptouous chocolate delice with sweet caramel popcorn adding festive flair.
The ingredient of Chocolate delice with caramel popcorn
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated, plus extra 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons good-quality cocoa
- 600ml thickened cream
- 500g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 gold-strength gelatine leaves (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon whisky (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons popcorn kernels
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 150g golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 sheets edible gold leaf (see notes), plus extra to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Chocolate delice with caramel popcorn
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan with baking paper. Beat butter and sugar together in an electric mixer until thick and pale. Beat in 1 egg yolk. Sift in flour and cocoa, then gently fold to combine. Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool.
- Place 300ml cream in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to just below boiling point. Remove from heat, then add chocolate, stirring until melted. Cool slightly, then whisk in remaining 2 yolks.
- Soak gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes to soften. Squeeze out excess water, then stir gelatine into chocolate mixture until dissolved. Cool, then stir in whisky, if using.
- Whisk remaining 300ml cream to soft peaks, then fold into chocolate mixture. Whisk eggwhites to stiff peaks, then fold through the chocolate mixture. Pour over cake base and chill for 4 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, for the caramel popcorn, line a baking tray with lightly oiled piece of foil. Place oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add popcorn, then cover and cook, shaking the pan, for 3-4 minutes until all of the kernels have popped. Tip onto the tray. Place butter, sugar, golden syrup and a pinch of salt in the pan, reduce heat to medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until a dark caramel. Pour caramel over popcorn and scatter nuts on top. Stand for 15 minutes to set, then break into pieces. Whiz half the caramel popcorn in a food processor with the gold leaf, if using, until a fine dust.
- Garnish delice with caramel popcorn, popcorn dust and extra gold leaf, if using.
Nutritions of Chocolate delice with caramel popcorncalories: 973.925 calories
calories: 67.2 grams fat
calories: 41.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 84.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 56.5 grams sugar
calories: 13.3 grams protein
calories: 229 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 243 milligrams sodium