The mild spices of warm hot cross buns mingle with creamy vanilla ice cream to create this delicious sandwich treat that will make the whole family smile.
The ingredient of Hot cross bun ice cream sandwiches recipe
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (90g) pecans, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 60g unsalted butter, softened, divided
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1L good-quality vanilla ice cream
- 8 Coles Finest Indulgent Sticky Date & Butterscotch Hot Cross Buns, split
The instruction how to make Hot cross bun ice cream sandwiches recipe
- Place a large bowl in the freezer. Lightly spray a large baking tray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over a large frying pan. Cook over medium-high heat, swirling pan occasionally (donu2019t stir sugar at this point), for 6-8 mins or until caramel turns a dark amber colour. Stir in pecans, 15g of the butter, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Immediately pour mixture onto the prepared tray, carefully arranging the pecans in a single layer. Once cool, chop candied pecans into bite-size pieces.
- Scoop ice cream into frozen bowl and using a large metal spoon, mix candied pecans through without letting the ice cream melt too much. Return bowl to freezer for at least 2 hours to firm up ice cream.
- Spread remaining butter onto cut sides of buns. Working in batches, heat 2 large frying pans over medium heat. Cook buns, cut-side down, for about 1 min or until golden and toasted. Wipe pans and repeat with remaining buns.
- Spoon about u00bc cup of the ice cream onto bun bottoms. Cover with bun tops and press gently to spread ice cream to edges. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Hot cross bun ice cream sandwiches recipecalories: 612.796 calories
calories: 34 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 66 grams carbohydrates
calories: 39 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 218 milligrams sodium