These decadent mocha creme caramels are the perfect comfort food for long, lazy weekends when you are craving something sweet.
The ingredient of Mocha crème caramels recipe
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 tbs hot water
- 2 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75g) brown sugar
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
The instruction how to make Mocha crème caramels recipe
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Grease eight u2154-cup (160ml) ramekins. Line the base of a roasting pan with a clean tea towel, folding to fit.
- Place caster sugar in a medium saucepan with u00bc cup (60ml) water. Stir over low heat, without boiling, until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, brushing the side of the pan with a wet pastry brush occasionally, for 7 mins or until the mixture is deep golden. Set aside for 2 mins to let the bubbles subside. Divide among prepared ramekins, tilting the ramekins to coat bases and 1cm up the sides. Set aside until completely cool and set. Place in the prepared roasting pan.
- Combine the hot water and coffee in a medium saucepan. Stir until the coffee dissolves. Add the milk, cream, chocolate and brown sugar to the pan. Place over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 mins or until the chocolate melts. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Whisk until smooth. Set aside for 5 mins to cool. Add the egg and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a jug. Divide evenly among the ramekins in the pan.
- Carefully pour enough boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 30-35 mins or until edges are set and centres wobble when tapped. Carefully remove ramekins from the pan. Set aside to cool completely. Cover the ramekins and place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight to chill.
- Run a small knife around the inside of each ramekin. Invert onto serving plates. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Mocha crème caramels recipecalories: 462.465 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 44 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 71 milligrams sodium