Weve used ripe bananas and an all-natural sugar substitute to make this healthier banana cake sing!
The ingredient of Refined sugar-free banana cake recipe
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 120g (2/3 cup) Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Classic
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125ml (1/2 cup) light-flavoured olive oil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Toasted coconut flakes, to sprinkle
- 250g fresh strawberries, hulled, chopped
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature, chopped
- 60g (1/3 cup) Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Classic
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
The instruction how to make Refined sugar-free banana cake recipe
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Grease base and side of 18cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Use a whisk to combine the flour, sweetener and baking powder in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the oil, buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Use a large metal spoon to combine then stir in banana.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make icing, use a stick blender or food processor to blend strawberry until smooth. Pass though a small sieve, discarding seeds. Use electric beaters to beat cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Add strawberry and beat until just combined.
- Use a spatula to spread the icing over the cake and sprinkle with coconut to serve.
Nutritions of Refined sugar-free banana cake recipecalories: 453.383 calories
calories: 28.3 grams fat
calories: 9.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 37.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9.5 grams protein