Want to make your own creme eggs at home? Here, weve given them a salted caramel twist for a truly decadent Easter treat.
The ingredient of Salted caramel cream eggs recipe
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 170g packet hunting eggs (see notes)
- 125g mascarpone
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Salted caramel cream eggs recipe
- Place 1/2 cup sugar and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir, without boiling, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat. Carefully stir in butter, followed by 1/4 cup cream. Stir in salt. Cool completely.
- Unwrap chocolate eggs. Carefully cut about 1cm from the top of each chocolate egg and reserve. Return eggs to plastic egg carton, open end up. Spoon 1 teaspoon salted caramel into each egg.
- Place mascarpone, vanilla, remaining sugar and remaining cream in a bowl. Whisk until just-soft peaks form (donu2019t over whisk). Spoon mixture into a snap-lock bag. Snip off one corner. Pipe cream mixture into eggs until half full. Spoon 1 teaspoon remaining salted caramel on top. Pipe remaining cream mixture into eggs to fill. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Finely chop reserved chocolate. Drizzle eggs with a little remaining salted caramel and sprinkle with chocolate. Serve.
Nutritions of Salted caramel cream eggs recipecalories: