Soft and sticky rice puddings with coconut cream makes an exotic dessert for dinner parties.
The ingredient of Steamed rice puddings with coconut cream
- Sunflower oil, to brush
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar,
- 1 cup (150g) rice flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g palm sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- Fortune cookies (see note), to serve
- Seasonal fruit (such as plums), to serve
The instruction how to make Steamed rice puddings with coconut cream
- Brush four 185ml dariole moulds with a little sunflower oil.
- Combine the caster sugar, rice flour, and vanilla extract in a bowl with a pinch of salt and 3/4 cup (185ml) cold water. Beat until smooth and the consistency of thickened cream (you can add a little more water if its too thick). Divide among the moulds and place in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Steam the rice puddings for 20 minutes until firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. (Alternatively, place moulds in a roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the moulds, then bake in an oven preheated to 170u00b0C for 20 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, place palm sugar in a small saucepan with 1/4 cup (60ml) cold water over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Cook for 2-3 minutes, swirling the saucepan occasionally and brushing down the sides of the pan with a damp pastry brush, until you have a dark golden caramel. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Invert the rice puddings onto serving plates and drizzle over the coconut cream. Serve with seasonal fruit, palm sugar syrup and fortune cookies.
Nutritions of Steamed rice puddings with coconut creamcalories: 470.83 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 99 grams carbohydrates
calories: 69 grams sugar
calories: 3 grams protein
calories: 8.83 milligrams sodium