Inspired by the Caramel Crown, this four-layered slice has all the same flavours as the biscuit.
The ingredient of Chocolate caramel biscuit slice
- 250g choc ripple biscuits
- 90g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Queen Master Blend Pure Vanilla Extract
- 50g butter, melted
- 395g can NESTLu00c9 Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 50g butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50g butter, chopped
The instruction how to make Chocolate caramel biscuit slice
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 16cm x 26cm (base) slice pan. Line base and sides with 2 layers of baking paper, extending paper 2cm above all edges.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely chopped. Add butter. Process until well combined. Press mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing cake.
- Make vanilla cake. Combine flour, sugar and milk powder in a bowl. Add milk, egg, vanilla and butter. Mix well to combine. Pour mixture over base in pan, spreading to level. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is just firm to touch. Cool completely.
- Make caramel filling. Place condensed milk, sugar, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Continue stirring until mixture starts to simmer. Working quickly, pour caramel over cake layer, spreading to level. Bake for 10 minutes or until caramel bubbles around edges of pan and is light golden in colour. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Make topping. Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring every 30 seconds, for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Pour over hot caramel, spreading to level. Stand for 20 minutes. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until cold. Using a hot knife, cut into squares. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate caramel biscuit slicecalories: 263.139 calories
calories: 14.2 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 30.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3.3 grams protein
calories: 30 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 165 milligrams sodium