A twist on the classic, impress your guests with this delicious double choc-chip caramel slice.
The ingredient of Double choc-chip caramel slice recipe
- 150g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 200g block dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
The instruction how to make Double choc-chip caramel slice recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan on all sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 120g butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add egg. Beat until well combined. Add salt and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Sift over flour and baking powder. Stir to combine. Stir in milk chocolate chips. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine condensed milk, syrup, remaining butter and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until thickened and light golden. Pour over base. Bake a further 10 to 12 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Place dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring every 30 seconds, for 1 minute or until melted and smooth. Stir in vegetable oil. Spoon chocolate mixture over caramel in pan. Spread to cover evenly. Top with remaining white chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Cut into pieces. Serve.
Nutritions of Double choc-chip caramel slice recipecalories: 285.127 calories
calories: 14.1 grams fat
calories: 8.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 35.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3.7 grams protein
calories: 27 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 98 milligrams sodium