This chewy caramel slice makes a great afternoon tea treat, or store it in the fridge for the family to enjoy as an after-dinner dessert.
The ingredient of Nicoles chewy caramel slice
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 80g (1/2 cup, loosely packed) brown sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 400g can NESTLu00c9 Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar, extra
- 50g unsalted butter, extra, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
The instruction how to make Nicoles chewy caramel slice
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line the base and sides of a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slab pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the butter and stir until well combined. Use the back of a spoon to press the mixture evenly over the base of the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place the condensed milk, extra sugar and extra butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 15 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Pour the caramel over the base. Bake for 10 minutes or until the caramel bubbles. Set aside to cool completely.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel and smooth the surface. Set aside to set. Cut into squares.
Nutritions of Nicoles chewy caramel slicecalories: