This beautiful layered shortbread makes a magnificent gift for special friends and family.
The ingredient of Chocolate and peanut caramel shortbread
- 240g unsalted butter, softened
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 250g (12/3 cups) plain flour
- 1 1/2 x 380g cans Nestle Top n Fill Caramel (see note)
- 100g roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 175g (1 cup) chopped bitter dark chocolate
The instruction how to make Chocolate and peanut caramel shortbread
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line the base and sides of a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 175g butter, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt until light and fluffy. Add flour and beat until the mixture just comes together. Press into the prepared tin, then bake for 25 minutes or golden. Cool.
- Place the caramel and 40g butter in a small saucepan and whisk over low heat until mixture boils and is smooth. Scatter the peanuts over the shortbread layer, then spread over the caramel mixture and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Stir chocolate and remaining butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until melted. Cool slightly, then spread over the caramel layer and refrigerate until set. To serve, cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Nutritions of Chocolate and peanut caramel shortbreadcalories: 750.46 calories
calories: 42 grams fat
calories: 24 grams saturated fat
calories: 79 grams carbohydrates
calories: 52 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 67.71 milligrams sodium