These grown-up twists on honey jumbles add rich golden syrup, cocoa and caramel icing.
The ingredient of Chocolate jumbles with caramel icing
- 60g butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
The instruction how to make Chocolate jumbles with caramel icing
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Line 4 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Stand for 10 minutes. Stir in egg. Sift over flours, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and spices. Stir to combine. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until dough no longer feels sticky. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 even portions. Roll each portion into a 2cm thick, 30cm long log. Cut each log into five 6cm lengths. Place lengths onto prepared trays, 3cm apart. Shape ends of each piece into rounds. Flatten dough slightly. Bake 2 trays at a time, for 15 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Cool on trays.
- Meanwhile, make Caramel icing Whisk egg white in a small bowl until frothy. Stir in sifted sugar and flour until smooth. Stir in syrup. Spread tops of jumbles with icing. Stand at room temperature until set. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate jumbles with caramel icingcalories: 104.921 calories
calories: 1.6 grams fat
calories: 0.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 21.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1.5 grams protein
calories: 9 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 53 milligrams sodium