Salted caramel meets meringue in this fun and fanciful after-dinner treat.
The ingredient of Salted caramel twist meringue kisses
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon caramel spread
- Brown gel food colouring
- Sea salt flakes
The instruction how to make Salted caramel twist meringue kisses
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Grease and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Sprinkle sugar onto 1 prepared tray. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until the edge of the sugar just starts to melt. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 100u00b0C/80u00b0C fan-forced.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. With motor running, gradually pour sugar into egg white in a slow, steady stream. Continue beating for 5 to 6 minutes u2028or until sugar is dissolved. Add caramel spread to mixture. Beat to combine.
- Run a skewer dipped into food colouring down the sides of a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle to form 6 stripes. Spoon half the meringue mixture into piping bag. Pipe mixture (about 4cm in diameter), 2cm apart, onto remaining prepared tray. Repeat with more food colouring, reapplying stripes in piping bag, and remaining mixture. Sprinkle meringues with a little salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until just firm to touch. Turn off oven. Cool completely in oven with door closed. Serve.
Nutritions of Salted caramel twist meringue kissescalories: 22.466 calories
calories: 5.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 0.3 grams protein
calories: 5 milligrams sodium