Treat yourself to this decadent chocolate caramel slice. Yum!
The ingredient of Double-choc and caramel slice
- 250g choc ripple biscuits, broken
- 100g butter, melted
- 395g can condensed milk
- 30g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
The instruction how to make Double-choc and caramel slice
- Preheat the oven to 160C or 140C fan. Grease a 28cm x 18cm slice tin and line with non-stick baking paper, overhanging the two long sides.
- Place broken biscuits into a food processor and process until roughly crushed. Add butter and process until evenly moistened. Starting from the shorter end of the tin, use the back of a spoon to gently press down on the biscuit crumbs to distribute and form a smooth, even base and refrigerate until needed.
- Combine condensed milk, 30g butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 8 mins, or until lightly golden.
- While still warm, spread caramel mix over the chilled biscuit base, smoothing gently, so no crumbs are dragged through (dont worry too much about it being smooth u2013 it will smooth out once cooked). Bake for 10 mins.
- Cool completely, then pour over melted dark chocolate combined with vegetable oil (the oil helps it cut without cracks).
- Chill until set, then divide and slice in half widthways and divide this portion into 3 lengths, then cut each into 4 squares. Repeat for the other half.
Nutritions of Double-choc and caramel slicecalories: