You cant beat an old-fashioned dessert, like this delicious crumb cake, starring tender apple and sweet strawberries.
The ingredient of Apple and strawberry crumble cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 185ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, thickly sliced
- 200g strawberries, washed, hulled, halved
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 50g chilled butter, chopped
- 55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
The instruction how to make Apple and strawberry crumble cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a round 20cm (base measurement) springform pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper. Place the prepared pan on a baking tray.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Use a large metal spoon to fold in the combined flour and the milk until well combined.
- Spoon into the prepared pan. Use the back of the spoon to smooth the surface. Arrange the apple and strawberry on top.
- To make the crumble topping, place the flour and butter in a bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apple and strawberry. Bake in oven for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Apple and strawberry crumble cakecalories: 366.865 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 43 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 86 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 235.49 milligrams sodium