For low calorie comfort food try this healthier version of classic tuna pasta bake.
The ingredient of Healthy tuna mornay recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 200g green beans, cut into 1cm lengths
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil spread
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 500ml (2 cups) reduced-fat milk
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 40g (1/2 cup) grated parmesan
- 270g (2 cups) cooked brown rice
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthy tuna mornay recipe
- Preheat oven to 190C/ 170C fan forced. Lightly spray a 2L (8-cup) ovenproof baking dish with oil.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, celery and carrot, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the zucchini and beans and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until just tender. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
- Return same pan to medium heat and heat the spread until melted. Add the flour and stir until well combined. Slowly start adding the milk, stirring constantly, until well combined and smooth. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Stir in the vegetables, tuna and half the parmesan. Season.
- Spread the rice over base of baking dish. Top with the spinach, then the tuna mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Set aside for 5 minutes before serving with salad leaves.
Nutritions of Healthy tuna mornay recipecalories: 306.637 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 30 grams carbohydrates
calories: 22 grams protein