With nuts, seeds and dried fruit, this healthy gluten-free baked slice makes for a filling morning or afternoon tea snack.
The ingredient of Healthy nuts and bolts slice recipe
- 100g pitted fresh dates, chopped
- 150g (1 cup) salted peanuts
- 80g (1/2 cup) natural almonds, chopped
- 45g (1/4 cup) pepitas
- 35g puffed rice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
The instruction how to make Healthy nuts and bolts slice recipe
- Preheat oven to 160/140C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 20 x 30cm baking pan with oil and line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper.
- Place the dates and 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small bowl. Set aside for 3 minutes to soak. Use a fork to coarsely mash.
- Meanwhile, process the peanuts, almonds and pepitas in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the puffed rice and stir to combine.
- Place the date mixture, honey, almond butter, oil and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until well combined and warmed through. Add to the nut mixture and stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan, smoothing the surface with the back of a spoon. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a deep golden brown. Set aside to cool completely in the pan.
- Cut the slice into 20 pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Nutritions of Healthy nuts and bolts slice recipecalories: 184.508 calories
calories: 13.1 grams fat
calories: 1.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 10.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7.9 grams sugar
calories: 5.5 grams protein
calories: 37 milligrams sodium