Make your taste-buds tingle with this traditionally spicy Indian curry.
The ingredient of Beef vindaloo
- 30g (1 1/2 tablespoons) butter or ghee
- 1kg beef chuck steak, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vindaloo curry paste (Pataks brand)
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel beef stock
- 300g (1 1/2 cups) Basmati rice
- 125g (1/2 cup) natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- pappadums, to serve
The instruction how to make Beef vindaloo
- Melt 1/2 the butter or ghee in a large heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Add 1/2 the steak and cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat with the remaining steak.
- Melt remaining butter or ghee in pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until it softens slightly. Add paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Return steak to the pan and toss to coat. Add stock, increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until beef is tender and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice, following packet directions, until tender. Combine the yoghurt and coriander in a small bowl. Spoon the rice into serving bowls and top with the vindaloo. Serve with the pappadums and accompanied by the coriander yoghurt.
Nutritions of Beef vindaloocalories: 697.402 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 64 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 58 grams protein
calories: 178 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 420.35 milligrams sodium