Kids will go crazy for these cute mini burger-shaped cakes.
The ingredient of Mini sweet cake burgers and fries
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup raw caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 250g white ready to roll icing
- Yellow food colouring gel
- 2 x 200g packets caramel crown biscuits
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- Red food colouring gel
- 12 green snake lollies, thinly sliced diagonally
- French fries crunchy straws, to serve
The instruction how to make Mini sweet cake burgers and fries
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line 4 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, caster sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat until combined. Sift over 1/2 the flour and 1/2 the bicarbonate of soda. Add 1/2 the milk. Beat on low speed until just combined. Sift over remaining flour and bicarbonate of soda. Add remaining milk. Beat on low speed until combined.
- Spoon mixture into a large snap-lock bag. Snip off 1 corner. Pipe 5cm rounds, 6cm apart, on prepared trays. Sprinkle well with sesame seeds (see note). Bake, 1 tray at a time, for 12 minutes or until cakes are golden and spring back when lightly pressed. Stand on tray for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack lined with baking paper to cool completely.
- On a flat surface, knead white icing until smooth. Using food colouring, tint yellow. Roll icing between 2 sheets of baking paper until 2mm thick. Using a ruler and sharp knife, cut 4.5cm squares from yellow icing, re-rolling and cutting trimmings to make 24 cheese slices. Place 1 cheese slice on top of each caramel crown biscuit to form hamburger patties.
- Whisk egg white in a large bowl. Gradually add icing sugar, whisking until smooth and combined. Using food colouring, tint red. Spoon icing into a snap-lock bag. Snip off one corner.
- Place 1/2 the cakes, flat-side up, on a flat surface. Place green snake pieces around the top edge of each cake to form lettuce. Top each with 1 hamburger patty, gently pressing to flatten slightly. Pipe red icing onto hamburger patties to form tomato sauce. Top with remaining cakes, sesame seed-side up. Stand for 30 minutes or until icing has set. Serve with French fries.
Nutritions of Mini sweet cake burgers and friescalories: 291.341 calories
calories: 9.3 grams fat
calories: 5.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 47.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3.7 grams protein
calories: 18 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 135 milligrams sodium