Hazelnut meal provides a protein punch, so a small slice of this heavenly chocolate cake goes a long way.
The ingredient of Chocolate hazelnut cake
- 150g butter, cubed
- 200g 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces (see notes)
- 140g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar (see notes)
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 200g (2 cups) hazelnut meal
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp maca root powder, to dust (optional)
The instruction how to make Chocolate hazelnut cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base of a 20cm springform pan and line with baking paper.
- Gently melt the butter and chocolate (either in a saucepan on the stove or in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave), stirring occasionally, until just melted and smooth. Set aside
- Whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Add the melted chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the hazelnut meal and baking powder and stir until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until just cooked (the cake will appear soft in the centre). Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with maca powder before serving, if you like.
Nutritions of Chocolate hazelnut cakecalories: 368.06 calories
calories: 30 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 20 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams protein