Lamb steaks are given a spicy twist in this crunchy, colourful salad thats perfect as a healthy main meal.
The ingredient of Mustard lamb and spinach salad with aioli
- 80ml (1/3 cup) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (about 600g) lamb leg steaks
- 1/2 (about 800g) butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, halved lengthways, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 350g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 x 150g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 2 egg yolks
- 185ml (3/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Mustard lamb and spinach salad with aioli
- Combine the wine, mustard, garlic and half the oil in a glass or ceramic dish. Add the lamb steaks and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile, to make the aioli, place the egg yolks in the bowl of a food processor and process until combined. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin steady stream until mixture thickens. Add the lemon juice and garlic and process until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a jug. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on medium. Combine the pumpkin and remaining oil in a large bowl and toss to coat in oil. Cook pumpkin on preheated grill for 10-15 minutes or until golden and tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Cook the lamb on the grill for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar snap peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Add sugar snap peas and spinach to pumpkin and gently toss to combine.
- Thinly slice lamb across the grain. Add to the pumpkin mixture and gently toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls and drizzle with aioli. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Mustard lamb and spinach salad with aiolicalories: 836.261 calories
calories: 65 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13 grams sugar
calories: 40 grams protein
calories: 163 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 274.51 milligrams sodium