Turn your taste-buds upside-down with this fennel and potato tart.
The ingredient of Fennel and potato tart tatin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small pontiac potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large fennel bulbs, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 sheet (25cm) ready-rolled frozen puff pastry
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Fennel and potato tart tatin
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Heat half the oil in a 22cm (top measurement) heavy-based, oven-proof frying pan over medium heat. Add one-quarter of the potato and cook for 1 minute each side or until lightly golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat in three more batches with remaining potato.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the fennel. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and just tender. Remove from heat.
- Arrange the potato and fennel in layers over the base of the pan, seasoning with salt and pepper between layers. Drizzle the stock evenly over the top. Place pastry over the potato mixture and fold in the excess to fit. Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Remove from oven.
- Carefully turn, pastry-side down, onto a clean work surface. Cut into wedges and serve immediately, with baby rocket leaves, if desired.
Nutritions of Fennel and potato tart tatincalories: 315.002 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 31 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 14 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 205.2 milligrams sodium