Made with turkey mince, this better-for-you chilli con carne will be a firm family favourite.
The ingredient of Healthier turkey chilli con carne
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped, plus extra, to serve
- 1 long fresh green chilli, chopped, plus extra, to serve
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can finely chopped tomatoes
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) salt-reduced chicken stock or water
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 x pkt Uncle Bensu00ae Microwave Brown Rice, heated following packet instructions, to serve
- White corn chips, to serve
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Avocado, sliced, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthier turkey chilli con carne
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Add the capsicum, onion, chilli and garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Increase heat to high. Add the mince and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until the mince changes colour. Add the tomato paste and stir to combine. Add the tomato, stock or water, oregano, cumin, paprika and cinnamon. Season. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 25 minutes or until liquid has reduced. Stir in the beans. Cook for 3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serve the chilli con carne with brown rice, topped with extra red onion and chilli, corn chips, yoghurt, avocado and coriander.
Nutritions of Healthier turkey chilli con carnecalories: 594.154 calories
calories: 22.2 grams fat
calories: 6.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 54.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12.6 grams sugar
calories: 35.3 grams protein
calories: 63 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 666 milligrams sodium