These hearty individual bacon and mushroom pies will have everyone dashing to the breakfast table.
The ingredient of Breakfast pies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 rashers bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 sheets ready-rolled butter puff pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- baby spinach leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Breakfast pies
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Place a baking tray into oven.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and thyme. Cook for 3 minutes. Season. Cool.
- Cut 2 x 14cm circles from each pastry sheet. Ease circles into 6 x 12cm (base) loose-base tart pans. Spoon bacon mixture over pasty. Place pans onto hot tray.
- Whisk eggs, cream, and salt and pepper together. Pour over bacon mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve with baby spinach leaves.
Nutritions of Breakfast piescalories: