Shake up your morning routine with our Mexican-inspired breakfast chilaquiles.
The ingredient of Breakfast chilaquiles
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 6 small (about 15cm diameter) corn tortillas, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 green shallot, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapeu00f1o chilli
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 4 fried eggs
- 100g Danish feta, crumbled
- Sliced long fresh green chilli, to serve
- Green chilli sauce, to serve
- Chipotle chilli sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Breakfast chilaquiles
- Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to come halfway up the side. Heat over medium-high heat (the oil is ready when a small piece of tortilla sizzles when dropped into it). Cook 8 tortilla pieces, turning often, for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Repeat in 2 more batches with remaining tortilla pieces. Reserve 1 tbs oil in a small heatproof bowl. Discard the remaining oil. Wipe the pan clean.
- Return the reserved oil to the clean pan and heat over high heat. Add the garlic and white part of the shallot and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until softened. Add cumin and stir for a few seconds or until aromatic. Add the jalapeu00f1o, tomato and beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir the tortilla pieces and coriander into the bean mixture. Divide among serving plates and top each with a fried egg. Sprinkle with feta, the green part of the shallot and sliced chilli. Drizzle with the green chilli sauce and chipotle sauce.
Nutritions of Breakfast chilaquilescalories: 645.778 calories
calories: 34 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 57 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23 grams protein