This rose-covered cake looks too good to be true, right? Wait until you look inside then! Thats where youll see its true beauty – in the Kahlua-kissed chocolate sponge and fluffy white chocolate icing.
The ingredient of White rose choc cake
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Kahlua liqueur
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- 6 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- 270g (1 1/4 cups) caster sugar
- 500g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 300g Cadbury Dream white chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
The instruction how to make White rose choc cake
- Preheat oven to 180C. Spray a round 7.5cm-deep, 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with canola oil. Line the base and side with baking paper.
- To make chocolate sponge cake, use an electric beater to beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla bean paste in a large bowl on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and pale, and a ribbon trail forms when beater is lifted.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl. Sift one-third of the flour mixture over the egg mixture. Use a large metal spoon to fold until just combined. Repeat, in 2 batches, with the remaining flour mixture. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly tapped. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool. Turn onto a wire rack lined with baking paper to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the white chocolate icing (see note), use a wooden spoon to stir the egg whites and sugar in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Transfer to a large bowl. Use an electric beater to beat on high speed for 5 minutes or until soft peaks form and the meringue mixture has cooled slightly. Add the butter, 1 piece at a time, beating well after each addition, until the mixture is thick and creamy (it will look curdled). Beat in the chocolate until the icing is glossy.
- Use a large serrated knife to cut the cake horizontally into 4 even layers. Place 1 cake layer, cut-side up, on a cake stand or plate. Brush with a little Kahlua. Spread with a thin layer of icing. Spread one-third of the dark chocolate over another cake layer and place, chocolate-side down, over the first layer. Continue layering with icing and the remaining cake layers, Kahlua and dark chocolate. Spread half the remaining icing over the top and side of the cake. Chill for 30 minutes or until the icing is firm.
- Spoon the remaining icing into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm fluted nozzle. To pipe a rose, pipe from the centre outwards in a spiral pattern. Continue piping roses, in 2 rows, over the side and top of the cake to cover completely. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until the icing is firm.
Nutritions of White rose choc cakecalories: