Get the weekend off to a flying start with this delicious dish - perfect for breakfast or brunch.
The ingredient of Rhubarb & pear compote
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh orange juice
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 bunch (about 700g) rhubarb, trimmed, washed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 4 ripe pears, peeled, cored, halved, each half cut into 3 wedges
- 1 x 3cm-wide strip orange rind, pith removed
- 1 x 7cm cinnamon stick
- 260g (1 cup) vanilla-flavoured yoghurt, to serve
- 80g (1/2 cup) bought toasted muesli, to serve
The instruction how to make Rhubarb & pear compote
- Place the orange juice and sugar in a large saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Add the rhubarb, pear, orange rind and cinnamon stick. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 5 minutes or until fruit is tender and liquid thickens slightly. Remove from heat and set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Spoon compote among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkle with muesli. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Rhubarb & pear compotecalories: 208.647 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 33 grams carbohydrates
calories: 29 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 6 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 47.97 milligrams sodium