This deliciously well-bread recipe kneads your attention right now!
The ingredient of Raisin spice loaf
- 7g sachet dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
The instruction how to make Raisin spice loaf
- Place yeast, sugar and warm water in a jug. Whisk with a fork until yeast has dissolved. Stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in salt, yeast mixture, olive oil and half the cinnamon. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough for 10 to 15 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Knead in raisins for the last 2 minutes of kneading time. Place in a large, lightly greased bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Using your fist, punch dough down. Knead until smooth.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced.
- Grease a 6cm-deep, 10cm x 20cm (base) loaf pan well with olive oil cooking spray or olive oil. Roll dough into a 20cm x 30cm rectangle. Combine sugar, 2 teaspoons cold water and remaining cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread cinnamon mixture over dough. Starting from the short end closest to you, roll up like a Swiss roll. Place in prepared pan.
- Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes or until dough has almost doubled in size. Meanwhile, preheat fan-forced oven at 200u00b0C/180u00b0C. Brush dough top with egg. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Turn bread, top side up, onto a wire rack to cool. Serve at room temperature.
Nutritions of Raisin spice loafcalories: 288.234 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 0.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 53.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7.4 grams protein
calories: 23 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 319 milligrams sodium