Enjoy the rich chocolate hazelnut taste with none of the guilt. This breakfast spread is low-fat, low-carb and low-kilojoule too.
The ingredient of Low-fat chocolate and nut spread
- 45g (1/4 cup) hazelnuts
- 60g (1/2 cup) skim milk powder
- 55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 160ml (2/3 cup) reduced-fat milk
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
The instruction how to make Low-fat chocolate and nut spread
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Spread hazelnuts on a baking tray and place in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes or until toasted and aromatic (see microwave tip). Transfer nuts to a clean tea towel and rub firmly to remove the skins. Place nuts in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Combine the nuts, milk powder, brown sugar, cocoa powder and cornflour in a small saucepan and mix well. Gradually stir in the milk and oil, and mix well. Stir constantly over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until thick (the mixture will form big lumps and stick a little to the base of the pan - keep stirring until the mixture comes together as a thick paste). Remove from heat.
- Transfer the spread to a heatproof airtight container and set aside, uncovered, to cool to room temperature.
Nutritions of Low-fat chocolate and nut spreadcalories: 53.775 calories
calories: 2.5 grams fat
calories: 0.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams protein